This Premier Lawn Seed has been specifically formulated for use in landscape and lawns. It is a multi tasking & multi purpose mixture that is hard wearing, whilst being able to create a luscious green lawn. Perfect for back gardens, It can be used to overseed bare or patchy areas, or to create a new lawn. Our Grass Seed is a high quality seed for a wide variety of areas. This mixture is also available in a 2kg & 20kg bag.
– 80% NUI Agricultural Perennial Ryegrass
– 20% Strong Creeping Red Fescue
Product Benefits Summary:
– Suitable for new and existing lawns.
– Contains ryegrass.
– Available in several pack sizes to suit your area
– Brilliant all rounder.
– Perfect for back gardens, due to being a hard wearing without compromising on quality
– If possible, do not treat for weeds until grass is older than 6 months old.
– Treat annually with Spring Summer Fertiliser.
How To Use
Overseeding an existing lawn
– Remove dead grass, weeds or moss.
– Rack the area that is being reseeded so the soil isn’t compact.
– Sow the lawn seed at the recommended 35g per m2 by spreader or hand.
– Rack the seed in after sowing so it is amongst the soil.
– Firm it down by roller, or by foot.
– Water well.
Sowing a brand new lawn
– Dig the soil to a depth of around 20-25cm
– Remove any weeds in the area by hand or use a weedkiller such as Gallup XL or Feed, Weed & Moss Killer. (If using weedkiller wait 2 weeks before sowing)
– Add top soil if the soil is poor quality.
– Rake the area to ensure the seedbed is level.
– Sow the seed at the recommended rate of 50g per m2 by using a spreader or by hand.
– Rake the seed in so it is amongst the soil.
– Form it down by roller, or by foot.
– Water well.
|Recommended Mowing Height||20 – 40mm|
|Sowing Rate (New Lawn)||50 grams per m2|
|Sowing Rate (Overseeding Existing Lawn)||35 grams per m2|